More than 55% of small businesses don’t have a website. Many don’t see the benefit, or don’t have the time to commit to it. However, up to 85% of potential customers research a business online first. Without a web presence, those potential customers will likely find your competition online instead.
Key benefits to having a website
- Your website is your only 24/7/365 salesman. When your business is closed, or when your salespeople are on the phone, your website is the only one promoting your business to potential customers.
- Become visible. Without a website you are invisible to people searching for you online. It’s akin to choosing not to be listed in the phone book in the old days.
- Use it as a promotional tool. Your website can be used for promotions, to answer frequently asked questions, to list pricing or available products, and inventory and more. You can collect email address and keep potential customers close with targeted offers, coupons, and sales.
- Build authority. Since many businesses do have a website, it has almost become the norm in this digital age. Without a website, potential customers may suspect your business is risky, illegitimate, or untrustworthy.
- Most cost-effective form of advertising. Looking to spend some marketing dollars? Your website is an initial one-time investment that can cost less than $100 a month in upkeep. Compare that to the cost of a newspaper ad, or mailers and it is easy to see that considering the potential audience, your website delivers the best “bang for the buck” with trackable return on investment and the ability to constantly update it.
Hopefully, you have reached a point where you realize the importance a website is for your business. When you’re ready to take the next step and get a professional and reliable website for your business please contact your experts at Buffalo Wired.